Take the next step in your fertility journey with a lighter heart.
Genes4Life Plus is a genetic test focused on providing people with information about their chance of having children with a severe genetic condition. Genetic conditions are inherited through genetic material from one generation to another. In some cases, conditions can skip one generation and be inherited in the next - they are inherited as recessive conditions.
Recessive inheritance means that a person can carry disease-related mutations without being aware of them.
NGS extended, includes Genes4Life
2 in 100 couples at risk
How are the relevant conditions and genes selected?
Genes4Life Plus currently includes >1400 genes associated with more than 750 conditions. The number of conditions is smaller than the number of genes, since some genetic conditions can be caused by changes in more than one gene.
The selection of genes investigated in Genes4Life Plus is recommended by clinical geneticists, genetic scientists, genetic pathologists, and genetic counselors, and the list is reviewed regularly.
The selection of genes is based on the following criteria:
The gene is known to cause a recessive genetic condition
- The condition is early onset
- The condition has a serious impact on a person’s quality of life and/or is life-limiting
- Screening of the gene is possible using currently available technology
GET TESTED BEFORE:
- Trying to get pregnant.
- Starting an assisted fertilization treatment.
- Starting treatment with donor eggs or sperm. Both patient and donor can be healthy carriers of diseases with a genetic mutation in the same gene.